The Drummoyne Public School (DPS) P&C Association is an active and energetic body comprising of parents, former students and members of the local community.
The Drummoyne P&C Association is established to:
- Promote the interest of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation;
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the recreation and welfare of the students at the school;
- Encourage parent and community participation in curriculum and other educational issues in schools;
- Providing a school uniform shop with quality products at a competitive price
- Providing a healthy canteen that serves home cooked food, including dishes that reflect the ethnic background of students - for example Nori Rolls and pasta dishes;
- Be responsible for the election of parent representatives to any school council constituted at the school in consultation with the principal of the school; and
- Assist in any other matters in which the Minister may seek the co-operation of the Association
These functions are included in our constitution.
Objectives of Drummoyne P&C Association
- Allow students to participate in an enrichment curriculum by fully funding a Gifted & Talented specialist teacher
- Purchase of classroom technology equipment
- Continue to raise and apply surplus funds to add to the budget for the new playground:
- Contribute towards the Learning Support directed by Ms Di Ross;
- Foster a stronger sense of community throughout the school;
- Communicate clearly with all members of that community which are students, parents and teaching staff; and
- To be representative on the School Council
P&C Committee Groups
The executive committee oversees all of the P&C functions and sub committees.
Uniform Shop Committee
The Uniform Shop is a volunteer based P&C venture and relies on the support of parents to keep it open each day. If you would like to join the team or find out more please contact us.
The Canteen Committee is responsible for ensuring that the food offered in the canteen is in line with Healthy Kids Association. They work closely with Dom to ensure that the procedures and processes are as streamlined as possible. They are also responsible for managing the volunteers who help out in the canteen
This committee is one of our largest committees and they are responsible for putting together one of our major fundraising events of the year. This requires a number of volunteers with a range of skills including administration, financial, sponsorship, and operations. It’s a fun committee to work on and a great way to get to know people within the school and the community. There is also a large reliance on volunteers to get make this event a success.
The Grants Committee liaises with, and makes enquiries of government bodies and other organisations who offer grants of money to assist not-for-profit and community organisations such as the P & C. The Grants Committee then prepares and submits applications to these government bodies and other organisations to seek funding grants to assist the P & C with financing projects, events and capital works for the school. Examples of P & C/ school projects that have been assisted by successful grant applications are playground re-development, the school's recycling project and the school's sustainable garden project. The committee is also responsible for working with the school to oversee redevelopment of the playground, act as a voice for parents with new ideas/suggestions for the playground upgrades and assist the school with keeping the playground in top shape by running parent working bees throughout the year.
The Performance committee is made up of a group of parents who assist the school with all sorts of performances. These include the school band and choir but also all school events like the Easter Hat Parade and end of year performances.
Trivia Night Committee
Trivia night is one of the favourite social events for DPS parents and staff. The team are responsible for coming up with a theme, organising class artworks, items for our silent auction and the entertainment for the evening and many more behind the scene requirements
School Disco Committee
Early in the school year we hold a school disco to welcome back and also welcome our new students into the broader school community. Its an event the kids really love. The committee organises the theme for the evening, ticket sales and the entertainment amongst many other behind the scenes requirements.
The annual DPS Activitython is a sports-based fundraiser usually held in the first half of the year. It involves all students participating in a fun activitycircuit around the school, raising money for every lap they complete. Children are encouraged to gather sponsors from family, friends and neighbours who can either sponsor per lap or make a small donation.
The Activitython is a major event on the P&C fundraising calendar. It's a major cooperative effort between the P&C and teaching staff (being the main P&C event held during school time) and contributes significant support to projects like the playground redevelopment.
Every year our Committee relies on help from parents, grandparents, carers and friends to help run the activity stations with teachers, stamp sponsor cards and cheer on the students
Public Relations, Website and Social Media (Facebook)
We have a range of other groups who are all valuable contributors to the P&C community. These include Class Parent and Kindy Orientation, Champagne Evening, Mothers and Fathers Day Stalls, Cancer Council Morning Tea, Entertainment Book, Greeting Cards and Calendars.